Who are Bioenergy Europe members?
Bioenergy Europe members are stakeholders involved in all aspects of the bioenergy value chain from more than 33 different countries:
- Biomass producer
- Biomass trader
- Equipment provider
- Energy producer
- Boiler/Stove manufacturer
- Services provider
- RES producer
- Finance & investment
Bioenergy Europe members could also apply to be members of Bioenergy Europe's networks: the European Pellet Council (EPC) and the International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC).
What are Bioenergy Europe's membership categories?
In its statute, Bioenergy Europe offers 2 categories of membership: full and associated members. The two types of members have different election and decision rights in the governance of Bioenergy Europe (General Assembly, Steering Committee and Board). Full members elect the President and the Board Directors.
Full Member (FM) affiliation is open to all national bioenergy and renewable energy associations.
Associated Member (AM) affiliation is open to all organisations which are not eligible to become full member:
- Sectoral associations (pellet, biogas, miscanthus, etc.)
- Research centers
- Government institutions
- Consultancy firms
- Public authorities
What are the membership fees?
All national bioenergy, renewable energy, pellet or sectorial associations.
|A1 - All national bioenergy associations (=Full Members).
A2 - All national renewable energy associations (=Full Members).
A3 - All national pellet associations.
A4 - All other national sectorial associations.
|4 % of total membership fees
with a minimum of 1.000,00 EUR and a maximum of 10.000,00 EUR
All companies willing to support the work of Bioenergy Europe in the bioenergy sector.
|C1 - Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 5 Million €)||1.000,00 €|
|C2 - Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 25 Million €)||2.000,00 €|
|C3 - Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 50 Million €)||4.000,00 €|
|C4 - Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 100 Million €)||8.000,00 €|
|C5 - Companies with a bioenergy turnover > 100 Million €)||16.000,00 €|
3. Academic and Research Institutions
All universities and research institutions.
|Flat rate||1.000,00 €|
*Displayed fees are VAT excluded.
** Starting in 2018, the fees will be indexed based on the Belgian Index, including the minimum and maximum.
***Extra services: Members can initiate a Task Force within Bioenergy Europe. The Bioenergy Europe Secretariat will help you to work out objectives, a work plan and a budget. The fees for this service are flexible depending on the expected budget and number of financing partners.
What are the terms and conditions?
All terms and conditions regarding the following points are available here.
- Membership categories
- Membership fees
- Membership rights and obligations
- Termination of membership
What is the application process?
- Identify your membership category and your fees above;
- Have a look at the terms & conditions;
- Complete the application form accordingly with your organisation's contact details and other practical information;
- Bioenergy Europe's Secretariat will confirm the good reception of your application and will check if it is clear and complete;
- Bioenergy Europe's Secretariat will submit the application to its Board of Directors for validation;
- Bioenergy Europe's Secretariat will get back to you with the Board's decision and all relevant information about Bioenergy Europe membership.
Who are EPC and IBTC members?
Members of the European Pellet Council (EPC) and of the International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC) are also members of Bioenergy Europe. In order to become a member of IBTC or EPC, your organisation must first apply to become a member of Bioenergy Europe.
- EPC members are national pellet associations or related organisations.
- IBTC members are European and international companies developing biomass torrefaction technology, pellet/briquette machine manufacturers, the technical division of utilities, national or sectorial associations, as well as other bodies or groups dedicated to the promotion of the use of torrefied biomass.
Who is your contact point?
If you have any question regarding the costs and benefits of becoming a member, or about the projects or files Bioenergy Europe is currently following, contact us:
Membership & Office Manager
+32 2 318 41 00