Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview18 January 2024 | 10:00 To 12:00
The European Bioenergy Landscape
Join Bioenergy Europe on 18 January 2024 at 10:00 CET at the Press Club in Brussels, for an event that takes a closer look at the European Energy Landscape.
- What is the main indigenous energy source in Europe?
- Did you know that Europe imports more than half of the energy it consumes?
- Are renewable energy sources the key to energy independence?
- Where we are now in our energy mix and how we could achieve our renewable energy ambitions?
The event will provide answers to these and other questions from three different perspectives:
- Jérémie Geelen, Bioenergy Europe's Market Intelligence Director, will present the statistical report, "Bioenergy Landscape" shedding light on its significance in the European Union's decarbonization journey,
- Esther Bustillo Vazquez, Project Engineer at ENGIE Laborelec, will address how to pave the way towards sustainable bioenergy for industries,
- and Martin Colla, PhD Candidate in Sustainable Energy at UCLouvain & VUB, will open the debate on our conceptualization of nature and energy today.
Represents the interests of the wood pellect sector to ensure its sustainable developement.Visit the website
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups