Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview
After last year's successful conference in Copenhagen, we are delighted to announce that Biomass PowerON 2022 edition is moving to Hamburg, Germany. Join us for our revised agenda with even more excellent speakers! The event will take place on 28-29 September 2022.
After last year's climate report and conclusions of COP 26, we are forced - now more than ever before - to take actions to fight climate change and reduce emissions. The bioenergy sector can contribute to saving the planet: use of pellets and biomass for energy purposes, but also BECCs may be helpful on our way to decarbonisation. Delivering sustainable, clean heat and power for homes and industry should be the priority. Thus, during this year's edition of the conference, we will take a look at aspects of using biomass in residential heating and power generation.
This event will provide industry stakeholders with unique content, workshops, discussions and networking opportunities. Showcase your products and services in the networking area and hold meetings with leaders from the industry.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Lauma Kazusa, SUEZ trading
• Sebastien Dubois, Engie Laborelec
• Robert Seehawer, EEX
• Michael Schranz, Kohlbach
• Chris Scheerder, RWE Generation
• Dr. Markus Kostron, KWA Kraftwerk Lohbrügge
• Christian Rakos, World Bioenergy Association
• Ennio Prizzi, Bioenergy Europe
• Alfons van Weereld, Uniper
• Jan Grundmann, Energy Crops/Vattenfall
Key topics & why you should attend
• Biomass economics and financing
• Sustainability and certification
• Impact of COVID-19 on biomass markets
• Pellet and biomass markets outlook
• Role of biomass in EU Green Deal and Dit for 55 package
• Biomass and pellet trading
• Pricing and risk management
• Recent developments in CHP plants – case studies
• Wood chips, waste wood, pellets – port operations management
• Safety issues in storage and transport
• Pellets and biomass in residential heating and power generation
• Role of biomass in fuels mix
And much more!
Take an in-depth look into biomass to power supply, production and applications during this 2-day event filled with presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies. Listen to experts focusing on the new regulatory framework, fast paced market situation and much more. Network and exchange ideas with colleagues from the energy industry.More information & registration
Represents the interests of the wood pellect sector to ensure its sustainable developement.Visit the website
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups