Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview22 February 2022 | 11:00 To 12:30
Disruptive bioenergy technologies: delivering decarbonisation of industrial processes
EU Industry Weeks 2022
Bioenergy plays a key role in decarbonisation and straddles multiple industrial ecosystems. Innovative bioenergy use, coupled with digitalisation, facilitates the decarbonisation of a wide range of industrial sectors including steel, pulp and paper, cement, and beverages highlighting the mutually reinforcing nature of the twin transitions.
During the event, participants will discover the innovations taking place within the bioenergy industry. Case studies of innovative bioenergy technologies will showcase the intertwined nature of the digital and green transitions and highlight how digital innovation in the bioenergy sector is key to achieving decarbonisation of the energy-intensive industry ecosystem.
The event will summarise the experiences in different industrial sectors across the EU in utilising digitalisation for decarbonisation and will bring together speakers from the industry, academia, and national authorities.
- Marina García Alonso, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Climate Action
- Jaap Koppejan, Managing Director, ProBiomass BV
- Philip Nuyken, Head of Energy and Climate Policy, German Lime Industry Association - BVK
- Christiane Egger, Deputy Managing Director, OÖ Energiesparverband
- Shalini Graham, Lead R&D Chemical Engineer, Perpetual Next
- Tuomas Petänen, Head of Energy Segment, Industrial Internet, Valmet
- Irene di Padua, Policy Officer, Bioenergy Europe (moderator)
See Agenda here.
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups