Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview
2022: Pellets – fuelling the energy transition!
Wels, Austria – "Pellets – fuelling the energy transition!" is the focus of the next European Pellet Conference on 6 April 2022 in Wels/Austria. The 2022 edition of the event will show how firing up pellet markets can boost the energy transition and how to position pellets as an important climate solution.
The European Pellet Conference is the largest annual pellet event worldwide. It is organised by the energy agency of Upper Austria, OÖ Energiesparverband, and held in the context of the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED) – a leading annual conference on the energy transition and climate neutrality with more than 650 participants from over 60 countries each year.
What's new in 2022?
- Fit for 55
- Booting pellet markets
- The new EU directives
- Pellet Leaders Forum
What is it all about?
The new "Fit for 55" package aims to put the EU on track towards climate neutrality. Energy accounts for 75 % of GHG emissions. As a CO2-neutral fuel, sustainable bioenergy is a key pillar for decarbonisation.
In 2022, the European Pellet Conference – the largest annual pellet event worldwide – shows how firing up pellet markets can boost the energy transition and how to position pellets as an important climate solution. Learn and discuss about how businesses and citizens can profit from this, how we can increase acceptance, trigger investments, and get things moving – full speed!
The event is organised by the energy agency of Upper Austria, OÖ Energiesparverband and held in the context of the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED), a leading annual conference on the energy transition and climate neutrality with more than 650 participants from over 60 countries each year.
- Strategy session: Fit for 55 • New directives and funding programmes • New research results • Best practice examples
- Pellet Innovation Factory & Pellet Leaders Forum: Showcasing innovations in products, services, financing and policies • Pellets as a key climate solution
- World of Pellets: Updates and outlook on European and global markets by international speakers
- Technical site visits on pellets and wood chips: A full day of technical site visits • First-hand information on fuels, equipment and exemplary installations from users and technology suppliers
- Young Biomass Researchers Conference: Presenting the work of young researchers • Best Young Biomass Researcher Award
- Poster Presentation: Displaying bioenergy projects, products and EU project results to an international expert audience
- Leading tradeshow on renewable energy and energy efficiency 100,000 visitors and over 100 pellet-related exhibitors
Bioenergy Europe Members receive 10% discount: please get in touch with Corinna Sala.More information & registration
Represents the interests of the wood pellect sector to ensure its sustainable developement.Visit the website
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups