Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview15 - 16 September 2021
Biomass PowerON Conference
After the successful last year summit in Stockholm, Sweden we are happy to announce next edition of Biomass PowerON 2021 with newly researched agenda, latest market news, excellent speakers & technical insights! The conference will take place on 15th and 16th September 2021 in Copenhagen at Scandic Copenhagen hotel.
Recent European regulations and new market trends resulting from the increase in demand for ecological energy sources cause the rise of interest in biomass. New worldwide opportunities appeared for bioenergy industry due to global pandemic, showing that energy, industry, transport and many others do not have to be coal-dependent.
This event is set to bring industry stakeholders, unique content, workshops discussions and networking. Showcase your products and services in the networking area and hold meetings with leaders from the industry. The commercial aspect of the event will create you a perfect intimate environment for doing business.
Some of the companies participating in Biomass PowerON series included:
* Engie * Ence Energía y Celulosa * Lahti Energia * World Bioenergy Association * Baltpool * Turboden * Giammarco-Vetrocoke * Svebio * Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB * IPG * E.ON * European Investment Bank * PRIMA * Energy & Environment Law * KOHLBACH Group * SUEZ * AET * Castolin Scandinavia AB * HoSt * STC * Jeffrey Rader * Againity AB * LAB * Umeå Energi * SCA Energy * KBT Bioenergie Technologie GmbH * FIREFLY AB * Blucarbon solutions * AXPO Iberia SL * SGTech * Phoenix BioPower * Franco Tossi * R Grupa Ltd. * Vyncke *Baltpool * Port-Trade ApS * AFRY Management Consulting * UCC PLAKON Gmbh * Vecoplan AG * SAMSON Materials Handling Ltd * SODRA * Cowi * BWSC * Repsol Trading S.A. * Steuler-KCH GmbH * Lithcan Biomass Canada Inc. * Baltic Control Certification * Naturskyddsforeningen * Genesis Capital * Malaysian Palm Oil Council * Korea Institute of Energy Research * CIFORM.A.L. * Umwelttechnik GmbH * Telemania Israel* KSB SE & Co. KGaA * AUMUND * Technical University of Denmark * Biomasa Partner Group * Tuspark Capital Management SARL * Orsted * Bioenergy Europe(AEBIOM) * Greene Waste to Energy S.L * University of Copenhagen * Tasmanian Department of State Grouth * Vattenfall * Danish Bioenergy Association * BMH Technology AB * Mikkeli Development Miksei Ltd * Nordic Green ApS * DI DK * NOOTER ERIKSEN SRL * Danish Ministry of Energy * ESB Ireland * Ramboll * IGS Europe * European Investment Bank * Pinewells * Mitsubishi Industries * PP Energy * Lawter * HOFOR * Port of Aarhus * Prima Risk * Renewable Energy Association (REA) * Patron Foundation * Aqvila A/S * Clean Power Indonesia * CIFOR * BEES * BNP PARIBAS (SUISSE) S.A. and many more...
In these challenging and difficult times we have cared for COVID precautions during our events. Recently we held colocated Future of Biofuels and Biogas PowerON 2020 in Copenhagen which was a great success. See below some testimonials from event participants:
„The conference was interesting and it was good to have face to face meetings again. Thank you for all your efforts.“
Alexander Melzig, Project Engineer, APROVIS
“I think it is amazing how the conference has grown, not just in size but also the level of speakers since last year. The conference has the potential to become a major conference in the renewable energy sector. I will also take this opportunity to thank you for coping so well with the challenges of COVID.” Morten Jacobsen, Independent Biogas Consultant
“Thanks again for the successful event. I have been pleasantly surprised by how well organized everything was despite the difficult external environment, and heard the same from other participants.” Cornelius Claeys, Analyst, Stratas Advisors
“Thank you for organizing this great event. I felt very safe and profited from speech of every speaker.”
Jialei Wang, Cross-cultural Business Consultant, DRE Business Services
• Market developments in a global and European perspective
• Regulations and Policies for the European industry
• Economics and sustainability challenges
• Biomass certification and sustainability
• Financing and investing strategies
• Biomass plants’ case studies
• Supply chain and logistics – planning and management
• Latest technological advancements
• Pellet market development worldwide
• New solutions for Combined Heat & Power (CHP) generation
• Best practise examples for specific applications
• Role of biomass and influence to management of climate preservation
Confirmed speakers include:
• Peter Kofod Kristensen, Ørsted
• Lauma Kazuša, SUEZ Trading Europe
• Bharadwaj Kummamuru, World Bioenergy Association
• Andrius Smaliukas, Baltpool
• Michael Schytz, HOFOR
• Johan Mertens, Engie
• Karin Medin, Söderenergi
• Richard Peberdy, DRAX
• Anders Egelrud, Stockholm Exergi
• Martin Rödén, Blucarbon Solutions
Who should attend?
Experts from Power Companies, Commodity Traders & Distribution Companies, Producers of Biomass, Renewable Energy Consultancies, EPC Contractors and OEMs, Regulatory & Research experts, Government organizations and others. Research centres and institutes, consultants and market analytics
Why you should join the Biomass PowerON 2021More information & regustration
During this 2-day summit reach in presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies you will gain comprehensive overview of biomass to power supply, production and applications. Don’t miss the chance to hear experts focusing on new regulations, dynamically changing market situation and more. Get a possibility to network and exchange ideas with experts and industry leaders.
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups