Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.Back to Event Overview08 April 2021
Biomass-based Carbon Sinks. Carbon neutrality 2050.
Bioenergy Europe and The European Biochar Industry Consortium are pleased to invite you to the webinar "Biomass-based Carbon Sinks: Carbon neutrality 2050".
Europe has politically set the path to climate neutrality through the Green Deal.
In order to achieve carbon neutrality, we need to act on two fronts: (i) rigorous emissions reduction and (ii) active carbon removal from the atmosphere.
The webinar will discuss three realistic, quickly scalable and shovel ready biomass-based solutions for carbon removal:
- Bioenergy with carbon capture and storage,
- Forests as carbon sinks as well as
- Pyrogenic Carbon Capture and Storage (Biochar).
The aim is to provide scientific information on these key biomass-based C-sink solutions, their technological readiness level and highlight their advantages, limitations and synergies with the long-term climate projections.
The event will consist of 5 presentations delivered by the leading experts in this field and followed by a Q&A session.
- Dr. Simon Kay, Senior Expert, European Commission, DG Climate Action, Land Use and Finance for Innovation Unit
- Prof. Jan Minx, Head of working group Applied Sustainability Science, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC)
- Dr.Sc. Kati Koponen, Senior Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Dr. Hans Verkerk, Principal Scientist - Climate-Smart Forestry, European Forest Institute
- Hansjörg Lerchenmüller, Chairman, European Biochar Industry Consortium (EBI)
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups