On 9 June, Bioenergy Europe and Bioenergy International co-organized a webinar, where stakeholders of the bioenergy industry exchanged on the Renewable Energy Directive (REDII) implementation status across the EU27 and received practical guidance on demonstrating compliance with the sustainability requirements.
During the webinar, participants heard from Engie and Magnon Green Energy about their experience in implementing these criteria and learned from Sustainable Resources Verification Scheme (SURE) and Sustainable Business Program (SBP) how to demonstrate compliance with the sustainability requirements through voluntary schemes. European bioenergy users and producers also had the opportunity to discuss specific national issues with experts in dedicated breakout rooms, for a selection of EU countries.
- Adam Sarnaszek, Polish Pellet Council
- Agné Babelyté, LITBIOMA
- Daniel Reinemann, Bioenergy Europe
- Esther Bustillo Vazquez, ENGIE
- Hannes Tuohiniitty, Bioenergia Finland
- Irene Carrascón Iglesias, Magnon Green Energy
- Irene di Padua, Bioenergy Europe
- Jean-Marc Jossart, Bioenergy Europe
- Kjell Andersson, Svebio
- Nicolas Viart, Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP)
- Pablo Rodero Masdemont, AVEBIOM
- Thomas Siegmund, Sustainable Resources Verification Scheme (SURE)
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups