Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Communications Officer to support the daily work of the Advocacy department and develop its strategic communication.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s mission is to develop a market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business environment for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 44 national bioenergy associations and over 115 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org
Tasks and responsibilities
You will work within Bioenergy Europe’s Advocacy department under the supervision of the Policy Director and will be responsible for the coordination of the communication work. You will have the opportunity to cooperate with the rest of Bioenergy Europe’s team and assist other departments. You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Draft, edit and deliver press releases, articles and other relevant materials for internal (members) and external uses (position papers, media relations, etc.)
- Editing and proofreading: turning complex ideas into a clear, fluid, and faultless language
- Develop creative content for internal and external communications, and core messages for the team/ policy area/ project communication
- Administrate Bioenergy Europe social media channels by producing high-quality and creative content for Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Respond to and coordinate media inquiries by journalists and other stakeholders, whilst building lasting relationship with the media, monitoring and reporting on press coverage
- Support the execution of advocacy campaigns and proactively identify opportunities, develop and pitch stories to media outlets
- Support the implementation of the overall association’s communication strategy and contribute to strategic discussions within the advocacy team
- Relevant degree (Communications; Journalism; Public Affairs, Environmental Sciences)
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience; previous experience in a trade association and/or EU affairs is required
- Excellent command of English is a must; other EU language is an asset. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Attention to details, highly organized, task orientated
- Knowledge of social media tools and understanding of corporate use of social networks (creating engaging and appropriate content)
- Good IT skills/ Familiarity with the Adobe suite is a plus, content management systems (Joomla and WordPress), and email marketing services (e.g. MailChimp)
- Ability to think creatively with an understanding of visual communications tools.
- Understanding of the European media and the political landscape
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-starter, sociable and reliable
What we offer
- Full-time job in Brussels (earliest possible start time)
- Competitive salary under Belgian law contract with additional employee benefits
- Friendly and flexible work environment with a young, dynamic and multicultural team
- Hands-on experience in EU advocacy work and energy and climate related topics.
If you are interested in the advertised position, please submit your CV and letter of application in English as a PDF here. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified by email. Candidates will be selected on a rolling basis.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups