Bioenergy Europe is currently recruiting an Office & HR Assistant.
The positions oversee several administrative, secretariat (including HR and accountancy). The ideal candidate should be able to anticipate needs, provide information in a timely manner and solve issues autonomously. As you will play a key role in the association, candidates should be highly organised, use discretion and take relevant initiatives.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector (bioheat, bioelectricity and biofuels) and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 100 private-sector companies from all over Europe and beyond. Through its network European Pellet Council (EPC) the team is also managing the world’s biggest certification scheme for pellet quality, called ENplus®. More information on www.bioenergyeurope.org.
Office Management and Administration:
- Welcome visitors, deliveries, post and other correspondence.
- Book travel arrangements for the team
- Screen and monitor e-mail/phone enquiries and requests.
- Manage agendas (planning and organising appointments and meetings).
- Purchase of office supplies and needed materials.
- Managing relations with suppliers (accountant, landlord, venues, catering, etc.).
- Coordinate IT matters with our external service provider.
- Prepare documentations for Statutory meetings.
- Document management (contracts, EU projects, etc.).
- Support the organisation of events and meetings (material preparation, logistic planning, onsite support, etc.)
Finance & Human Resources:
- HR support to the Secretary-General.
- Responsible for the payment of invoices and record of all payments.
- Invoicing and debtor’s management.
- Working on a regular basis with Bioenergy Europe’s accountant, providing all necessary details for accounting and VAT purpose.
Competencies and Skills
- Fluent in English and French.
- Bachelor or higher in secretariat, accountability, marketing or business administration.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Candidate is autonomous, detailed-oriented, highly organised, and reliable.
- Ability to multi-task and handle confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people.
What we offer
- Full-time equivalent based in Brussels starting June 2021.
- 6 months paid internship or employee contract, depending on experience.
- Friendly and international working environment.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and application letter in one single PDF via this online form.
Interviews will be held online or in our office in Brussels.
Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups