Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Communications Officer to support the daily work of the Communication department and develop its strategic communication.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s mission is to develop a market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business environment for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 157 private-sector companies from all over Europe.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will work within Bioenergy Europe’s Communication department under the supervision of the Communications Director and contribute to the communication activities. You will have the opportunity to cooperate with the rest of Bioenergy Europe’s team and assist other departments. You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Draft, edit and deliver press releases, articles and other relevant materials for internal (members) and external uses (position papers, media relations, etc.)
- Editing and proofreading: turning complex ideas into a clear, fluid, and faultless language
- Develop creative content for internal and external communications, and core messages for the team/policy area/project communication
- Contribute to the organisation of events
- Assist in executing social media strategies and maintaining web content
- Assist in building media partnerships and marketing events
- Respond to media inquiries by journalists and other stakeholders, whilst building lasting relationship with the media, monitoring and reporting on press coverage
- Support the execution of advocacy campaigns and proactively identify opportunities, develop and pitch stories to media outlets
- Support the implementation of the association’s overall communication strategy and contribute to strategic discussions within the advocacy team
- Relevant degree (Communications; Journalism; Public Affairs)
- 1 or more years of relevant professional experience: previous experience in a trade association and/or EU affairs is a plus
- Excellent command of English; other EU languages are welcome.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details, highly organised, task-orientated
- Knowledge of social media tools and understanding of corporate use of social networks (creating engaging and appropriate content)
- Good IT skills/familiarity with design, content management systems (Joomla and WordPress), email marketing services (e.g. MailChimp), digital advertising.
- Ability to think creatively with an understanding of visual communications tools.
- Understanding of the European media and political landscape
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-starter, sociable and reliable
What we offer
Full-time job in Brussels (earliest possible start time)
Competitive salary under Belgian law contract depending on the experience, with additional employee benefits (transport refund, meal vouchers and more)
Friendly and flexible work environment with a young, dynamic and multicultural team
Hands-on experience in EU advocacy work and energy and climate related topics.
If you are interested in the advertised position, please submit your CV and motivation letter via this form here. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified by email. Candidates will be selected on a rolling basis.