Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Bioenergy Statistics and Market Analysis Assistant to support the work of the market intelligence department.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Market intelligence department of Bioenergy Europe with much interactivity with all staff members. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collection of statistics needed for the next issues of Bioenergy Europe statistical reports. Updating existing data series but also collecting original data by contacting many stakeholders. https://bioenergyeurope.org/statistical-report.html
- Collection of data of the support schemes available for bioenergy in the different EU Member States and funding opportunities for bioenergy companies.
- Providing a significant support to the other Bioenergy Europe´s departments by analysing technical and numerical data useful to support Bioenergy Europe ´s actions in policy and communication.
Competencies and skills
- Technical master´s degree related to forest, agriculture and/or (bio)energy (fuel, combustion processes, etc.) (prerequisite);
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning;
- Experienced user of Excel;
- Autonomy, self-organisation, priority management and reliability;
- Having an interest in renewables/bioenergy;
- Responsiveness and ownership of tasks;
- The ambition to challenge and exceed expectations;
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages represent an asset.
What we offer
- Full-time equivalent internship based in Brussels starting mid-April 2020 or earlier.
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law (Contrat d’Insertion Professionnelle). Salary: 800 EUR/month + meal tickets + public transport (total over 1000 EUR net/month)
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested, apply HERE. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups