At Bioenergy Europe, we are a dynamic team of professionals,
passionate about our work and all convinced that bioenergy gives Europe the energy to change.
We work on improving bioenergy policy and strive
to create fair and stable business conditions for the 500.000+ professionals in the sector.
Become a part of our team and see how you can work with us to shape Europe's energy future!
Marketing & Communications Officer
Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Marketing & Communications Officer to support the external communication and the market penetration of three certification schemes: ENplus®, GoodChips® and an upcoming scheme on sustainability of biomass. While ENplus® is an established success story with over 10 million tons wood pellets certified all over the world (https://enplus-pellets.eu/en-in/), GoodChips® (https://www.goodchips.eu/ ) has only recently been launched.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Certification department of Bioenergy Europe under the supervision of certification leaders, interacting on a daily basis with all staff members. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Marketing strategy:You will bring input and improve the existing marketing strategies of ENplus®, GoodChips® and the new scheme on sustainability.
- Implementation of the strategies defined above, be it market analyses, CRM, communication materials, events, website, etc.
- Communications: Write marketing-oriented content to feed the communication tools (leaflet, articles, website, press releases, conference presentations, etc).
- Website management: You will be responsible for the management of the two certifications’ websites;
- Graphic design: You will be responsible for the creation of visual solutions for our external communication efforts. This will involve the development (in-house or coordinate with external service providers) of various materials for print, web, social media, etc.
- Other: You will provide occasional support to other departments on marketing aspects.
Competencies and skills
- Near-native command of spoken and written English is essential, knowledge of other languages - especially German and French - represents an asset;
- Master’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Communications, Marketing, Business or a related discipline;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit, in particular InDesign and Illustrator;
- Knowledge of the Joomla back-end environment;
- Ability to produce clear and persuasive content that is audience-friendly;
- Having an interest in renewables/bioenergy/certification issues;
- A pro-active mind-set, excellent organizational and priority management;
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment;
What we offer
- Full time job based in Brussels starting as soon as possible.
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law
- Possibility to continue with extra employee benefits.
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested, apply here before 17/03/2019. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.