At Bioenergy Europe, we are a dynamic team of professionals,
passionate about our work and all convinced that bioenergy gives Europe the energy to change.
We work on improving bioenergy policy and strive
to create fair and stable business conditions for the 500.000+ professionals in the sector.
Become a part of our team and see how you can work with us to shape Europe's energy future!
Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Policy Officer to support the work of its advocacy department.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favorable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within Bioenergy Europe’s advocacy team with much interactivity with all Bioenergy Europe staff members to contribute to develop Bioenergy Europe’s policy and advocacy work. You will mainly carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to policy monitoring and analytical work
- Develop Bioenergy Europe’s policy positions
- Engage and create a network with EU institutions and stakeholders
- Define and implement advocacy strategies to promote our positions by interacting with EU-decision makers and stakeholders
- Ensure external representation of Bioenergy Europe’s positions by attending and speaking at workshops and conferences
- Be responsible for managing and organising working groups of members
- Contribute to the content of Bioenergy Europe’s communication channels e.g. weekly news, social media, press and website
Some international travels within Europe will be required.
Competencies and skills
- Degree in EU law / political sciences/environmental sciences
- Knowledge of EU institutions and political processes
- At least 2 years’ experience in EU institutions / EU based organisations
- Knowledge or a personal interest for renewable energy and / or forestry
- Good English writing/editing skills
- Team player, with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Confident with oral expression and public speaking
- Full professional proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages represents an additional asset.
What we offer
- Full time job based in Brussels starting as soon as possible.
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law
- Possibility to continue with extra employee benefits.
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested, apply HERE before 29 May 2019. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email.