At Bioenergy Europe, we are a dynamic team of professionals,
passionate about our work and all convinced that bioenergy gives Europe the energy to change.
We work on improving bioenergy policy and strive
to create fair and stable business conditions for the 500.000+ professionals in the sector.
Become a part of our team and see how you can work with us to shape Europe's energy future!
POLICY & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Policy & Communications Assistant to support the daily work of Communications for the Policy department.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Policy team of Bioenergy Europe under the direct supervision of the Policy Director and in direct relation with Bioenergy Europe’s Senior Communications Advisor. You will also have plenty of opportunities to cooperate with the rest of Bioenergy Europe’s team and assist other departments with their communications activities. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Advocacy: You will assist the Policy team in its day-to-day advocacy activities and the Senior Communications Advisor in deploying the communications strategy of Bioenergy Europe. This will include the preparation of newsletters and factsheets, support in developing campaigns, web management and support in the organisation of internal/external workshops;
- Graphic design: You will provide support in the creation of visual solutions for our external communication efforts. This will involve the development of various materials for print, web, social media and, either from concept-to-completion or as an extension to an existing campaign.
- Communications: Assist management of Bioenergy Europe’s social networks and support other departments with their Communications activities.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Communications, Policy, Journalism or a related field
- Near-native command of spoken and written English
- A “digital native” able to monitor social media and/or website management tools
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (mastery of InDesign and Illustrator; knowledge of - Premiere and After Effects is a plus)
- Good understanding of the European media and the political landscape
- Have an interest in renewables/bioenergy/forestry/agriculture issues
- Ability to produce clear and persuasive content that is audience-friendly
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time equivalent internship based in Brussels starting as soon as possible
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law (Contrat d’Insertion Professionnelle)
- Possibility for longer term contract after the 6-months
- Salary: 800 EUR/month net
- Friendly and dynamic working environment
- A real training internship, where the selected candidate will gain a broad vision of advocacy and communications at European level
If you are interested, apply here before 9 September 2018 by sending a CV and cover letter (both in only one PDF document). Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.