Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Communications Assistant to support the daily work of the Advocacy department.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s mission is to develop a market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business environment for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 44 national bioenergy associations and over 115 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org
Tasks and responsibilities
You will work within Bioenergy Europe’s Advocacy department under the direct supervision of the Policy Director and Communications Advisor. You will have the opportunity to cooperate with the rest of Bioenergy Europe’s team and assist other departments. You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Learn about renewable energy, environmental policies, and EU institutions work
- Learn about communications and develop new skills to assist the advocacy team
- Editing and proofreading: turning complex ideas into a clear, fluid, and faultless language
- Develop creative content (graphics, videos, etc) for internal and external communications
- Administrate Bioenergy Europe social media channels by producing high-quality and creative content for Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Support the execution of advocacy campaigns
- Support the implementation of the overall association’s communication strategy
- Relevant degree (Communications; Journalism; Public Affairs, Environmental Sciences)
- Excellent command of English is a must; German is a definite plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details, highly organized, task orientated
- Knowledge of social media tools and understanding of corporate use of social networks (creating engaging and appropriate content)
- Good IT skills: Familiarity with the Adobe suite is a plus, content management systems (Joomla and WordPress), and email marketing services (e.g. MailChimp)
- Ability to think creatively with an understanding of visual communications tools.
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable
- Minimum understanding of how the EU institutions work and relevant policy issues
What we offer
- Full-time position based in Brussels starting as soon as possible
- 6-months fixed term internship contract under the Belgian law (Contrat d’Insertion Professionnelle). Salary: 800 EUR/month + meal tickets (total over 1000 EUR net/month)
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested in the advertised position, please submit your CV and letter of application in English as a PDF here. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified by email. Deadline February 25, 2021.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups