Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Policy Officer to support their advocacy group.
Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, international organization based in Brussels, which operates at EU level and was founded in 1990. Bioenergy Europe primarily aims to expand the market for sustainable bioenergy and to guarantee favorable terms and conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe has a strong position in the bioenergy sector and unites around 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org .
After your admission to the Bioenergy Europe interest group, you will coordinate working groups and maintain relationships with a group of Austrian companies. Your duties include:
- Development of Bioenergy Europe's political positions on domestic heating and other issues
- Integration and establishment of a network with EU institutions and stakeholders
- Definition and implementation of advocacy strategies to promote Bioenergy Europe's positions through interaction with EU decision-makers and stakeholders
- Ensuring an external representation of the positions of Bioenergy Europe in workshops and conferences through active participation and lectures
Competencies and skills:
- Completed degree in EU law / political science or environmental science
- Knowledge of EU institutions and political processes
- at least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant area
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: energy / heating / forestry
- Team player, positive work attitude, sociability, reliability
- excellent knowledge of English, German preferential
What we offer:
- Full-time job in Brussels (earliest possible start time)
- 6-month, limited contract under Belgian law - possibility of extension with additional employee benefits
- friendly and dynamic work environment
If you are interested in the advertised position, please submit your CV and letter of application in English as a PDF here. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified by email. Deadline February 25, 2021.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups