Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a trainee assistant for joining the ENplus® management team. ENplus® is a certification scheme that guarantees wood pellet quality. More information: www.enplus-pellets.eu.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe (former AEBIOM) is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy, and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and 90 private-sector companies from across Europe.
- Handle the collection of data and the invoicing process
- Support the applying companies’ certification process
- Handle bag design approval of ENplus® certified companies\
- Provide information over ENplus® to non-certified and certified companies
- Support in implementing the certification management tool
- Episodic support in other ENplus® related tasks or EPC/Bioenergy Europe activities
- Direct reporting to the manager
- Relevant degree or experience (certification, standards, biomass, bioenergy, etc.)
- Experience in manipulating large datasets is an asset
- Experience in certification/standardisation or with ENplus® is an asset
- Full professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to follow procedures
- Autonomy and reliability
- Self-organisation and meticulousness
- Highly developed team spirit
- Fast learner
- Full-time equivalent based in Brussels starting October 2019.
- 6 months paid internship.
- Friendly working environment
To apply send one PDF document with your CV and motivation letter via the apply button. All applications sent differently will not be considered. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and contacted for an interview.Apply
Bioenergy Europe is currently recruiting an Office Assistant trainee. The position oversees all administrative and secretarial aspects of the association including daily relations with members, accountancy supervision, and several social secretariat aspects. The ideal candidate should be able to anticipate needs, provide information in a timely manner and solve issues autonomously. As you will play a key role in the association, candidates should be highly organised, use discretion and take initiative.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and insure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector (bioheat, bioelectricity and biofuels) and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe and beyond. More information on www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will progressively be in charge of the functioning of an office of 19 persons and work alongside Bioenergy Europe’s Secretary-General and interact regularly with all departments and staff. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as key contact between members and Bioenergy Europe
- Affiliation and disaffiliation procedure
- Maintain an accurate database of our members’ contact details
- Provide excellent service to members and ensure a smooth onboarding for new members
Office Management and Administration:
- Welcome visitors, deliveries, post and other correspondence
- Book travel arrangements for the Bioenergy Europe team
- Screen and monitor all mail/phone enquiries and requests
- Manage agendas (planning and organising appointments and meetings)
- Purchase of office supplies and needed materials
- Managing relations with suppliers (accountant, landlord, venues, catering, etc.)
- Coordinate IT matters with our external service provider
- Prepare documentations for Statutory meetings
- Statutory company filings (Moniteur belge, EP badges, Statutes, etc.)
- Document management (contracts, EU projects)
- Support the organisation of events and meetings (material preparation, logistic planning, onsite support, etc.)
Finance & Human Resources:
- HR support to the Secretary-General
- Responsible for the payment of invoices and record of all payments
- Responsible for issuing of invoices: members, events, etc.
- Debtors management
- Working on a regular basis with Bioenergy Europe’s accountant, providing all necessary details for accounting and tax purpose
Competencies and Skills:
- Fluent in English and French both written and spoken (prerequisite)
- Bachelor or higher in human resources, accountability, office management or business administration.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Candidate is autonomous, highly organised, and reliable
- Ability to multi-task and handle confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people
- Full-time equivalent based in Brussels starting November 2019.
- 6 months paid internship (one month education with the Office Manager, then replacement for her maternity leave)
- Friendly and international working environment
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and application letter in one single PDF by clicking the 'Apply' button. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified.Apply
Our Certification Schemes
The first international certification scheme for wood chips and hog fuel. A 12-class scheme addressing every profile of producer and end-user, from industrial to domestic use.Visit the website
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups