All our activities are managed by the General Assembly, the Board of Directors and the Core Group.
Learn more about the role of each body:
The General Assembly is made of all members and has the following functions:
- Examine and approve the annual report presented by the Board of Directors;
- Examine and approve the accounts, balance sheets, and budget;
- Elect one or more auditors from the members who report to the General Assembly on the financial accountability over the previous period;
- Determine membership fees on proposal of the Board of Directors;
- Approve and comment on the activities of the Board of Directors as well as decide on any activity of Bioenergy Europe;
- Elect a President among all the members
- Elect up to 17 additional members for the Board of Directors for a 2 years mandate;
- Decide about modifications of the Statutes and about the dissolution of Bioenergy Europe.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors is made of maximum 18 persons and has the following functions:
- Elect the Vice-President among its members;
- Elect the Core-Group;
- Prepare the decisions of the General Assembly based on the advice of the Core Group;
- Approve new members.
Hannes Tuohiniitty (President)
- The Bioenergy Association of Finland (Bioenergia ry)
Christoph Pfemeter (Vice-President)
- The Austrian Biomass Association (ABA)
- The Biomass Association in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Irish Bioenergy Association (Irbea)
- The Lithuanian Biomass Energy Association (Litbioma)
- CZ Biom – Czech Biomass Association
- German BioEnergy Association (BBE)
- The Croatian Association of Biomass, Pellets and Associated Technologies (CROBIOM)
- LC Energy
- The Swedish Bioenergy Association (SVEBIO)
- Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC)
- The Italian Agroforesty Energy Association (AIEL)
- The Romanian Association of Biomass and Biogas (ARBIO)
- The Spanish Bionenergy Association (AVEBIOM)
- Amandus Kahl GmbH & Co
- Propellet France
The Core Group is made of maximum 5 persons including Bioenergy Europe's President/Vice-President and has the following functions:
- Prepare the decisions of the Board of Directors;
- Discuss all strategic files on a daily basis.
To find out more information about Bioenergy Europe's structure and organisation, check out our Statutes.