All our activities are managed by the General Assembly, the Board of Directors and the Core Groups.
Learn more about the role of each body:
The General Assembly is made of all members and has the following functions:
- Examine and approve the annual report presented by the Board of Directors;
- Examine and approve the accounts, balance sheets, and budget;
- Elect one or more auditors from the members who report to the General Assembly on the financial accountability over the previous period;
- Determine membership fees on proposal of the Board of Directors;
- Approve and comment on the activities of the Board of Directors as well as decide on any activity of Bioenergy Europe;
- Elect a President among all the members
- Elect up to 15 additional members for the Board of Directors for a 2 years mandate, while keeping a majority of full members (President included in the calculation);
- Decide about modifications of the Statutes and about the dissolution of Bioenergy Europe.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors is made of maximum 16 persons and has the following functions:
- Elect the Vice-President among its members;
- Prepare the decisions of the General Assembly based on the advice of the Core Group;
- Approve new members.
The Core Group is made of maximum 5 persons including Bioenergy Europe's President/Vice-President and has the following functions:
- Prepare the decisions of the Board of Directors;
- Discuss all strategic files on a daily basis.
DIRECTORS (full members)
Didzis Palejs (President)
- The Latvian Bioenergy Association (Latbio)
Thomas Siegmund (Vice-President)
- The German Bioenergy Association (BBE)
- The Austrian Biomass Association (ABA)
- The Swedish Bioenergy Association (SVEBIO)
- The Irish Bioenergy Association (Irbea)
- The Spanish Bionenergy Association (AVEBIOM)
- The Biomass Association in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Italian Agroforesty Energy Association (AIEL)
- The Romanian Association of Biomass and Biogas (ARBIO)
- The Bioenergy Association of Finland (Bioenergia ry)
- The Croatian Association of Biomass, Pellets and Associated Technologies (CROBIOM)
- The Lithuanian Biomass Energy Association (Litbioma)
- The Danish Bioenergy Association
DIRECTORS (associate members)
- Propellet France, France
- Amandus Kahl GmbH & Co
To find out more information about Bioenergy Europe's structure and organisation, check out our Statutes.